We’re huge fans of the humble yet powerful Aloe Vera plant. Enriched with anti fungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties, the benefits of this small household plant are innumerable. Whether taken internally as juice, or applied externally as gel, Aloe is a great natural healer. So today, we’re going to show you 10 ways in which you can use this miracle plant to spruce up your beauty regime or simply nourish your skin, hair and body.
10 Interesting Ways to Use Aloe Vera
1. Plagued by pimples? Don’t fret. Get gorgeous, clear skin by applying Aloe Vera gel daily to treat acne and prevent pimples from coming back.
2. Take note – if you’re healthy on the inside, it’ll show on the outside. Drink a little Aloe Vera juice daily to cleanse your system from the inside. The juice helps discard toxins and also treats stomach problems like indigestion or irritable bowels.
(Depending on your ailment, take a doctor’s recommendation on how much juice you can drink daily)
3. Legend has it that the Egyptian beauty Cleopatra used Aloe Vera as a part of her daily bathing ritual. Now, so can you. Slice a long Aloe leaf down the middle and use the inside to scrub away dry, dead skin while bathing.
4. If you long for gorgeous, healthy locks, Aloe is the key. Aloe Vera can also help promote hair growth and add shine to damaged hair. Simply apply the gel for 30 minutes prior to your bath and then rinse off.
5. Next time you run out of that expensive makeup remover, just dab some Aloe gel on to a cotton ball and use to it wipe the makeup off your face. An easy, inexpensive and natural alternative.
6. Soothe burns with Aloe Vera! It’s great for taking care of those small kitchen burns that you so often get. It can also be effectively used to treat sunburn. It helps hydrate the skin and also acts as a protective layer.
7. Banish that itch! Aloe’s anti fungal and cooling properties make it the ideal treatment for skin rashes or itchiness. You can use it to treat a wide range of skin ailments, in a natural and safe manner.
8. Aloe gel can double up as a hair spray or hair conditioner and helps you tame dry, frizzy hair.
9. Moisturize your skin the natural way with Aloe Vera gel. It absorbs quickly and is a great oil-free moisturizer for greasy skin.
10. Aloe, when taken in the form of juice, is also known to help lower blood sugar levels. However, do consult your doctor if you choose to take Aloe for this purpose.
There so many different ways in which one can benefit from Aloe Vera. If you know of any, do share them with us right here.