2. Exercise: No, this isn’t a ploy to get you to exercise more. It’s true. Regular exercise can make you a happier person. How? Exercise helps release chemicals in your brain that make you calm, more positive and joyful. Not only is exercise good for your physical health, it also helps reduce feelings of anxiety, reduces stress, boosts self-esteem and helps you sleep better.
3. Make ‘me-time’: Making time for yourself isn’t selfish, it’s necessary. Find a hobby or something that you enjoy doing and develop it. Whether it is a dance class, art class or even just watching your favourite show or reading a good book, make sure you find time for it.
4. Be thankful: Spend 5 minutes every night just before you sleep to reflect on your life and be thankful for all that you have. Counting your blessings makes you a happier person.
5. Spread love, joy and kindness: The best way to find happiness is to bring happiness to the lives of those around you. Spread smiles wherever you go and shower people with love and kindness.
6. Ask for help: You can’t do everything on your own. A good, solid support system is the key to being happier and more relaxed. Sometimes, it’s okay to depend on others and ask for help – whether it is just talking about your worries, or taking advice or help in any other way.
7. Spend time surrounded by nature: Spending time in the great outdoors makes us happier beings. Let the warm rays of the sun kiss your skin and the tiny droplets of rain trickle down your arm. Connecting with nature makes us more relaxed and calm.
8. Meditate: One of the most important secrets to a happier and more content life. Even just 15-20 minutes of meditation a day can help you immensely. It helps you focus better, improves attention, sharpens your memory and helps increase productivity.
9. ‘No’ is not a bad word: Learn to say ‘no’. Saying yes to everything and everyone doesn’t make you a better person. It’s important to stand up for yourself. You need to understand what’s right for you and to prioritize correctly.
10. Sleep well: Our body needs the right amount of sleep to recover and repair itself. Getting enough sleep helps us become happier and more productive.
Try to incorporate these methods in your life and tell us if you feel happier and more satisfied.