Clear, soft and glowing skin – it’s the stuff we dream of. But it isn’t really that hard to achieve. All you need to do is give your skin the right nourishment, from both outside and INSIDE. Nature is filled with magical ingredients that can make your skin look & feel amazing. Eggs, fish, nuts, fruits, salads are all great for our skin and can be included in our diet in so many delicious ways. Here are a few of our favourite recipes that’ll bring back that gorgeous glow to your skin in no time at all.
3 Delicious Food & Dessert Recipes for Glowing Skin
Nourish your skin from the INSIDE.
1. Beetroot Salad
Here’s why your Grandma keeps telling you to stock up on those beets. Beetroots are rich in antioxidants and phytonutrients that help you detox from the inside. They also boost digestion and help your liver function properly, which in turn makes your skin look healthy and radiant. Beets also contain vitamins and minerals that are also great for your hair.
- 2 beetroots (Peeled and grated)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds OR sunflower seeds
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 dried red chilli OR 1 green chilli (slit)
- A pinch of hing (asafetida)
- ½ tsp lime juice
- Salt, to taste
Bring back the colour to your skin with Beet!
What to do:
- Heat oil in a pain and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing and red/green chilli.
- Let them sizzle and then add the sesame seeds and mix.
- After letting them cook for 20-30 seconds, add the grated beetroot and mix properly.
- Add salt as per taste and cover and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add lemon juice right at the end and mix well.
- Serve alone or with yogurt as an accompaniment.
An early morning treat for your skin!
2. Detox Breakfast Smoothie
Packed with antioxidants, vitamins & minerals, these healthy fruits will bring a glow to your skin like never before. Rich in Vitamins A, C and K, Kale is a super-food that helps reduce skin redness, repairs your skin from deep within and gives it a healthy, even glow! Flaxseeds have high anti-inflammatory properties that help clear up your skin. Avocados help maintain your skin’s moisture, leaving it plump and well-hydrated. Mix them all together and the result is radiant, amazing skin!
- 2 frozen bananas (sliced)
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 2 cups Kale or baby spinach
- ½ cup coconut water
- ½ avocado (chopped)
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds
What to do:
- Add the above ingredients to your blender and blend away until smooth and creamy.
- Add water or ice if necessary. Drink up fresh and avoid storing away.
- Feel free to change the recipe and substitute certain ingredients based on what you have at home.
3. Chocolate & Coconut Bars
Can’t do without your daily fix of chocolate? Try this healthy dessert recipe that’s delicious AND great for your skin. The coconut in it helps hydrate your skin whereas the raw cacao powder helps in skin cell regeneration and is a great stress-buster.
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup ground oats
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- 3-4 tbsp honey OR maple syrup (or any sweetener of your choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Dessert can be great for your skin too!
What to do:
- Mix all the ingredients and blend either with your hands or in the blender.
- Roll the mixture into tiny bite-sized balls and place on a plate.
- Freeze this for 5-6 hours and then dig in!