Yes, we know that no amount of holding up our neck or sucking our cheeks in will magically erase sagging skin or tired lines (We’ll still continue doing it though)! But did you know that just like we exercise the other parts of our body, we can exercise our face too? Facial exercises work on the different layers of your skin, increasing blood circulation and giving you healthier, smoother and taut skin. Let’s take a look at our top 4 facial exercises that are easy to practice on a daily basis for smoother, better-looking skin!
4 Facial Exercises you need to Know
The perfect every day eye-exercise!
1. The Eye Lift
Is the skin under your eyes looking wrinkly, tired and puffy? Try this exercise at least four times a week for best results.
- Make a V with your middle finger and your index finger.
- Place the middle finger on the inside corner of your eyebrows and place the index finger on the outer corner.
- Using your fingertips, slowly press your index finger, applying a comfortable amount of pressure.
- While doing this, look upwards with your eyes without moving your head upwards.
- Once you have completed these steps, relax your eyes and then repeat the same process.
- Do 6-8 rounds and then relax yours eyes once you complete this by closing them shut tightly.
2. Get cheeky
Strong cheekbones can instantly add a lift to one’s face, giving you a more youthful look. Practice this cheek-strengthening exercise daily.
- Smile wide with all your teeth showing.
- With the tips of your fingers, press the creases between your cheeks and your lips on the sides of your nose lightly.
- Again, using your fingertips, lift the muscles up and down, press them and give them a quick workout.
3. Face Stretch
Smoothen out those lines, relax your facial muscles and work out that double chin with this easy face stretch.
- Open your mouth as wide as you can and stick out your tongue.
- At the same time, place your palms on your forehead, right above the hair-line and lift up your skin, keeping it firm.
- Keep this pose for a minute and stretch out your facial muscles.
- Repeat 5 times and practice daily.
Practice this stretch in front of the mirror for some fun!
4. The Neck Firmer
Work on your neck skin with this simple exercise that helps make your skin firmer and smoother.
- Tilt your head straight back and stretch out your neck.
- Place your fingertips right above your collar bone and stretch the skin downwards with your skin making it firm.
- Slowly bring your head down so that your chin rests on your chest.
- Repeat this 2-3 times.
- To stretch it out even further, push your lower lip out when you look up.