The Egyptians called it the plant of immortality. Today, it is known as the miracle plant. The Aloe Vera plant is one of nature’s most wonderful gifts and possesses a multitude of miraculous health benefits. From boosting immunity to regulating your digestive system, blood sugar and cholesterol to treating different skin and hair problems, Aloe contains various healing properties.
Aloe Vera – Key to glowing skin
But, some of Aloe’s most notable uses are in the area of skin care. In fact, most creams, lotions, soaps and other skin care products today are formulated with Aloe as an active ingredient. Let’s take a look at some of the ways that our skin can benefit from the powers of this magical plant:
1. Aloe contains collagen, which repairs your skin cells and prevents ageing, giving your skin a youthful glow. Drinking one glass of Aloe juice a day can have wonderful effects on your skin, keeping it healthy and clear.
2. It’s a great moisturizer! It gives your skin a non-greasy look and is perfect for those with oily skin too.
3. The scorching summer heat can leave you with painful sunburn. Aloe Vera gel not only protects your skin from further sun damage, but when applied topically, helps treat sunburn by repairing and restoring your skin.
4. Yes, Aloe Vera fights acne too! Its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties make it the perfect acne treatment.
5. If you have chronic skin problems like eczema or psoriasis, apply Aloe Vera gel to the affected areas and notice a difference over a period of time.It contains hormones that reduce itching and promote skin growth and repair.
6. It is a skin rejuvenator. Try this homemade concoction for fresh, glowing skin. Mix together 2 tbsp Aloe Vera, 2 tbsp brown sugar and 1 tsp lemon juice. Apply this on your face for 15-20 minutes and rinse with cold water.
7. When Aloe Vera is here, ageing is no longer a fear. Aloe contains antioxidants that reduce the appearance of wrinkles and lines on your skin by improving the elasticity of the skin, leaving it smooth, supple and hydrated.
8. Aloe can even lessen the appearance of stretch marks by hydrating and healing your skin to make it soft and toned.
9. It can help treat skin pigmentation and reduce the appearance of spots and blemishes on your skin. Apply a mixture of Aloe Vera gel and rose water on your skin to reduce the appearance of such marks.
10. Aloe is also a common natural treatment for minor burns. It will help soothe the skin and heal the affected area.
How to Use Aloe:
If you have an aloe plant, here’s how you can easily extract the gel: Take a clean pair of scissors and cut off one of the fleshy leaves near the base. Slit the leaf in the middle and squeeze out the gel.
To make pure Aloe Juice, put the aloe gel in a blender with 1 cup of water and use it with 2-3 days.
Make the most of this miracle plant! If you use Aloe for any kind of skin treatments, do share your experiences with us.